Thursday 1 January 2015

Penang in different angle

What is the first thing when people mention about Penang? FOOD. Is a heavenly place for foodie.
But my trip has a different purpose which to complete my grandma bucket list. I do not have any expectation on this trip. I'm just gonna follow them wherever they want to go. Well, this time is about family.

I do not have a fancy trip this time. Instead, I really get a great lesson from it. 

My grandma is 89 yo and she was born in penang. YUP, a quarter of me is malaysian :) So she wished to come penang to visit her relatives. 

Patient and care

I definitely learn how to be more cautious and be more patient. If once she makes a wrong step and she fall, that's it. I experienced it before and I lost my heartbeat for a second. I don't want to feel like that anymore. And in fact she walks slower than any of us... We always have to be next to her and watch her. We learn to care. 

It is short

We visited few temple. My grandma showed me  my great grandmother and which one is her sister and we prayed for them. Also we visited her sister in old-folks-home because she has no other family could take care of her. It is really a heart-breaking that one day, there might be no one taking care of me.

Food is necessary

I have a complete 2 days to spend there and in that 2 days I can't remember when I'm not chewing. It's normal they say.. So here is the snap of it


When my wish came true

Have you heard about this St Anne's Church? It's a magic place if you believe in it. The local says "You may make a wish through your prayer. When your dream comes true, you have to come back here".


Three years ago, I did make a wish:
I wish to continue my study in degree and graduate with good grades. 

That's the truth. It might sound simple to some of you, but definitely not for me. In 2010, two months after I started my diploma, my dad passed away. No sign, no sickness, and no one expect it. Yet, I continued to study and expected to graduate in 2012. But who will support me financially? I don't come from a rich ones. It was a struggle to finish my diploma and there is a very small chance for me to continue for a degree... 

But nothing is impossible. I am graduating on May 2015 :):):) God's is good. I fought to be determined to achieve good results and grab the scholarship. As well as my family, they fought with me. I owe them much. 

It's a good way to set what you want and really go for it. There will always be a way.


* * *

Extras

all the way to penang without visiting this? no way
I wanna kiss you
Great great night view
Queensbay park before leave penang

No comments:

Post a Comment